WhittersCO

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Talents and Skills

Last night, as we watched Vh1's "The (White) Rapper Show" I decided that the world is losing it's talent. No one has special skills anymore, we are all sucked into watching (terrible) TV shows instead of exploring our creative side. I do not want it to seem like I was inspired by the 'rappers' on the show to expand my talents... in fact, it boggled my mind that these horrible excuses as rappers were found to be the 'best' in the country. Not one of them wrote anything quick, witty, clever or insightful, let alone knew how to deliver what they did have. As Matt and I wasted 60 minutes of brain synapses, my mind wandered to what else we could be doing. I decided we need 'hobbies'.... something to do with ourselves besides sitting in front of the idiot box losing our minds.
The rest of society is doing the same thing.. very few people I know have hobbies that keep their hands/minds busy. Emma paints, a few friends at school do 'crafts' (but they are OT students, so they know all about 'meaningful activities') and our friend Dan writes short stories, but other than that, I don't know what other people do.
Matt and I are going to turn over a new leaf and start doing something. Whittling, clarinet playing, knitting, model building, who knows. We need to find an activity and embrace it! I think about how my Grandma weaves rugs and place mats - what if no one keeps it up and one day there is no one left to teach others how to do it?
We are open to suggestions... feel free to leave a couple of ideas for us to explore!

2 Comments:

  • Take flying lessons and get your pilot's license. Greatest hobby ever.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

  • I heard Matt likes Heights. You guys wanna go climbing??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home