WhittersCO

Monday, April 16, 2007

Flowers and Pie

I am in the middle of a pain-in-the-rear assignment that is due in a few hours. I was up late last night doing it and got up early to finish (I'm not sure how Matt does it everyday)... so somethings to make me happy:
My Uncle Dick sent me these great flowers last week. He's the kind of guy that sends flowers every now and again just because he's a sweet guy... I also think he has some sort of internal radar that knows when you could use having a bunch of beauty around the house. They've been cheering me up all week.
The pie well, it fell a little flat but was still pretty good. It was a lemon meringue ice cream pie with pecan crust that was on the cover of Bon Appetit for April. The cover picture was much prettier than how mine turned out. I also think that the ice cream was kind of messy and in the way of the lemon curd portion. Next time I will just make a lemon meringue pie, but use the pecan crust.. mmmmmmmmm.
Why pie, you ask? My mom had a dinner party and that was my contribution. We all played a game called "imagine-if" - which got us all pretty silly.
Back to the serious stuff: Theory GROOOOOOOAN!


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home