WhittersCO

Friday, December 07, 2007

Thanksgiving Feast













Over Thanksgiving break I got to do a little cooking with my mom and Kenneth. The Tuesday before Thanksgiving, Kenneth came over to my mom's and he and I make Crabbies Cleveland and Cheese Crispies (my mom made some meatloaf and soup). If you have ever been to a party in our family you have probably had the crabbies - they were a standard appetizer that my G'ma made for any event. We ate our creations during the football game on Thanksgiving day.
For Thanksgiving we had all the old standbys: Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, cranberries... I made that skillet pumpkin pie that I posted previously..

Crabbies Cleveland
1 stick of butter
1 jar of kraft old english cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 Tablespoon mayonaisse
1 can of crab meat
12 english muffin halves (6 wholes)

Cream the butter, cheese, powder together mayonaisse and garlic.
Fold in the crab meat.
Spread on the 12 halves of english mufffins
cut into 1/4ths and freeze in plastic bag for later use

to cook: remove from plastic bag and put on cookie sheet.
heat under the broiler until the tops are brown and bubbly.
make sure you don't pop right into your mouth... they burn your tongue!

Cheese Crispies

8 oz. sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/2 lb butter
2 cups flour
2 cups rice crispies

mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
form into small patties and place on a cookie sheet
cook for 15 minutes (or until brown on the edges) at 350 degrees F.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home