WhittersCO

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Liberty On Fire

This evening, after going to my mom's to borrow a Volvo so Matt can go to work (since my car still isn't working) I saw a horrific accident on the highway. I can over the big hill on 36 heading into Boulder (for those of you who know the area) and saw a Jeep Liberty on fire on top of the cement barrier that divides the direction of traffic. I pulled over and saw, what looked like a BMW SUV, down in a field flipped upside down. When I got out of my car, to check everything out, I had to avoid stepping on different parts of the car and other debris that had been flung from the vehicles when they had rolled. The passengers of the Liberty were out of the wreckage on the other side of the road, and an EMT had pulled over and was helping the driver in BMW. Other people who had pulled over (mostly people who had witnessed the accident) had already called 911 and emergency crews were already on their way. So, I got back in my car and drove away, just as police were coming to close down the highway until they could clear everything up and hopefully prevent the Liberty from exploding. I hope everyone is ok.


P.S. It is things like this that make me glad I donate blood. For those of you who are squeamish about it, just go and do it. Yesterday was my 2 gallon mark!

1 Comments:

  • If everyone thought that way, and then you needed a blood tranfusion, then where would you be? Oh, that's right, DEAD.

    By Blogger Whitney, at 10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home