WhittersCO

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Back to School.. so here are a boatload of pictures

I started my last semester of classes yesterday. I'm not going to lie - having over 5 weeks off was wonderful and I could really get used to being on vacation! What am I going to do when I have to get a JOB?!?! scary.
Ok here is the summary of those five weeks....

This dessert is from Sushi Tora, where we ate several times over break. Their sushi is great and this coconut dessert is the perfect finish to a fresh meal.




This picture is at the Broker Restaurant. It is underneath a bank and this used to be the vault. We went there with my mom, Dave, Seth, David and Alan Sobel before the Red Wings/Av's game.

















Matt and I being friendly at the annual game.









The final score! YA WINGS!




















New Years Eve at Aaron and Andy's - They have several photos of spam in their kitchen. What men... their garage is almost as big as their house too.







Happy New Year!
















I went up to Fort Collins one day to check the mail and go for a hike with some OT girls.























Next was my "day of culture". First I went to the Denver Art Museum to see an exhibit with my mom and Emma. We stopped at Ted's Montana Grill and were really impressed. They make as much as they can at the restaurant - fries from fresh potatoes and use paper straws instead of plastic. Not bad for a chain.
Plus we liked that they gave us a bowl of cucumbers instead of bread as a starter.





















































Next, we went to the Denver Botanic Gardens and looked at the Chapungu exhibit.




































































After the Gardens, my mom dropped me off at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science so I could meet Matt to see the Titanic Exhibit. It was really interesting.. they had bottles of wine that hadn't broken when the ship sank and there was still wine in them! Also as we entered the exhibit we were each given a 'ticket' of an actual passenger who was on the ship and at the end we found out if we lived or died. I lived (I was a woman) and Matt died (he was the only black passenger on the ship).




Matt wore these awesome sunglasses that I got from the eye doctor. How futuristic he looks!











What a strange cloud formation...



















I think Matt did a pretty good job taking the picture while I was driving...











Emma and I went up to Winter Park one day. Here she is all bundled up.


















Emma getting ready to go down from the top of the mountain.


















Emma headed down....


















We used a gift certificate to go to the Melting Pot one night for dinner. We gorged ourselves... after all we couldn't let the chocolate go to waste...









































Dave in front of an International RV at the RV show we went to at the Denver Convention Center. We were by far the classiest people there. Scary.
We went playing the game "if we win the lottery..."















We went up to Steamboat Springs to visit with Matt's sister and family (Sally, Matt and Cade).
Here we are going up the gondola before a day of skiing/snowboarding.. it was -8F at the top of the mountain. At least it was sunny the first day :)










Action shot of Matt snowboarding


















Matt part way down a black run we accidentally took our first morning on the mountain... We weren't expecting the moguls.



















Sally met up with us to ski in the afternoon.













Matt and Sally at the top of the run, ready to head in for the evening...













Our second day was even colder and my mask froze to my face in the -25 wind chill weather. brrrrr.













Matt bonding with his godson.












The cutest nephew in the world!

1 Comments:

  • Awesome update! I love that Matt was the only black guy on Titanic and that he died. As for the cooking, I'm raising my white flag. I surrender. You win. I tried, but I gotta get a job now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home